Terms & Conditions
All orders that are accepted and goods supplied are subject to the following express terms and conditions of Techfident Limited whose registered office is at Techfident Limited c/o Launchpad, Ground floor Charringtons House, Link Road, Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire CM23 2ERs, Company Reg No 11142420, VAT No 285975046. These terms may change without notice to you in relation to future sales.
Company or Seller means Techfident Limited.
Customer or Buyer means the customer or buyer of the Company.
Contract means any contract for the sale of Goods by the Company to the Customer.
Goods means any Goods forming the subject of this contract including parts and components of or materials incorporated in them.
2. DESCRIPTION & PRICES
- The description & prices of the goods you order will be as shown on the company website shop.techfident.co.uk and www.techfident.co.uk at the time you place your order. The goods are subject to availability and price changes. If the goods you have ordered are not available or has changed in price, we will inform you as soon as possible and allow you to decide if you wish to proceed or cancel the order. If you cancel and payment has been made, we will refund you in full.
- Goods are not supplied on a trial basis. Customers are responsible for verifying suitability and compatibility of equipment and applications before purchasing them.
- All samples, images, drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising issued by the Seller and any descriptions or illustrations contained in the Seller’s website are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the products described in them. They shall not form part of the Contract which is not a sale by sample.
3. DELIVERY & SHORTAGES
- Delivery charges may be applicable to the order.
- In the case of goods purchased by credit/debit card, those goods can only be shipped to the card holders registered statement address, unless the customer is known to Techfident Limited or certain proofs can be provided then goods can be shipped to an alternative address.
- If there is a change to the agreed delivery date then the buyer shall have the right to cancel the order and receive a full refund of the amount paid.
- If the delivery has been attempted on the agreed date and the buyer is not available to take delivery of the goods then an additional delivery charge may be applicable if the delivery is to be made again. (e) Delivery dates and times are given in good faith but shall not amount to any contractual obligation to deliver at the times stated. Techfident Limited will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you through reasonable or unavoidable delay in delivery.
- Upon taking delivery of the goods the customer should examine the goods and sign the delivery note. If there is a shortage details should be written on the delivery note. Furthermore, if the goods are damaged and not acceptable please refuse delivery.
4. ORDER CANCELLATION & RETURNS
- All cancellations must be confirmed in writing or email email@example.com or other durable notice and clearly addressed to: Customer Services. Techfident Limited c/o Launchpad, Ground floor Charringtons House, Link Road, Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire CM23 2ER. Notification by phone is not sufficient.
- The Buyer may cancel the order, from the date of ordering to the day before the day of despatch of the order, without any charges and the Company will refund the Buyer in full by the original method of payment.
- For consumers only we allow unwanted items to be returned within 14 days from date of delivery for refund or exchange, so long as security seals are intact and Goods have not been used, this return will be at the discretion of Techfident Limited and if accepted may be subject to a diminished value charge. If all requirements are met, we will give you a refund for the cost of the product plus the delivery charge to the value of our least expensive delivery option and less any collection charges agreed and confirmed with Techfident Limited to arrange the return on your behalf. The Buyer must observe 4(a).
- The Buyer has a duty of care, under the regulations, to take care of the goods so that they may be re-sold again, by the Company. The Company will claim, from the Buyer, for the resulting loss in value for goods not kept in a reasonable condition. The Buyer must make the goods freely available at the original delivery address, to the Seller or his agent, within 21 days of cancellation, for collection on a working day. The regulations do not apply to unsealed licensed software. If all requirements are met and the item is faulty, we will give you a refund for the cost of the product plus the delivery charge to the value of our least expensive delivery option and less any collection charges agreed and confirmed with Techfident Limited to arrange the return on your behalf.
- All packaging material should be retained until the goods are fully tested and functional. Please ensure the items are returned to Techfident Limited in their original packaging with all original media, memory cards, and parts that came within the original package. It is also important that the product, additional content and packaging are received in ‘New’ condition by Techfident Limited.
- Proof of despatch must be retained until the Company acknowledges safe receipt
- Please Note – you are responsible for cost of returning unwanted/cancelled items to us and for the value of the goods if they are diminished as a result of your handling whilst with you or in the return transit to us.
The company reserves the right to reject returned items if these requirements are not met.
5. WARRANTY INFORMATION & RETURNS.
- Unless otherwise stated in the product description, all goods are supplied with a warranty for up to 12 months. Certain items such as batteries for will only have a 90 day warranty. Certain other products contain their own manufacturer’s warranty, which may vary between manufacturers. If the goods supplied develop a defect while under warranty or you have a complaint you should notify us in writing or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Customer Support Team on 0203 4883282 who will be able to advise you accordingly. For all returns you will be given a ‘Returns Authorisation Number’ (RMA) and it would be helpful if you would mark the package with this reference number, in order for us to identify the returned item.
- Unwanted items returned after 14 days from date of delivery for refund or exchange, for whatever reason, will be at the discretion of the company and if accepted may be subject to a diminished value charge. Software items will not be accepted for return unless the goods are faulty or misdescribed or the shrink-wrap or copyright seal is intact. Items returned as faulty but found to have no fault (tested by manufacturer) may incur a testing charge, the value of which will be based on the cost to the Company without profit.
- Proof of despatch must be retained until the Company acknowledges safe receipt
- All packaging material should retained until the goods are fully tested and functional. If goods are returned, they should be returned with the original packaging and media.
6. CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS
The Company’s liability will be limited to the value of the goods only and not for any consequential damages or losses howsoever caused.
7. DATA PROTECTION
We will take all reasonable precautions to keep the details of your order secure but unless the company is negligent, we will not be liable for unauthorised access to information supplied by you.
At Techfident Limited your privacy is of paramount importance. Hence, we only have a single secure registration page from which you can enter the minimum amount of information we require in order to complete and dispatch your order correctly. This information is kept on our secure database and kept confidential. We do not sell or give the database content to any third parties for their use.
There is an opt in box on the registration page for inclusion on our marketing database but otherwise you can opt out via a link on any marketing eshot to unsubscribe. Our policy is not to send eshots to any customers that have opted out or unsubscribe.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act to hold personal electronic data; this requires us to using certain security procedures, which should safeguard the data. As regards interception during transmission to us, please see our section on Security.
|What We Use Your Personal Information For||Reasons (Legal Basis)||Explanation / Legitimate Interests|
|Set up your Account when you Sign-up||Legitimate interest||Process efficiency in dealing with such activity|
|Storing payment related info||Consent||Required for Order / Invoice Details.|
|Process your orders||Fulfilling a contract||Required for Order / Invoice Details.|
|Notify you of your order status||Legitimate interests||Process efficiency in dealing with such activity, and to make improvements to our services.|
|Manage your account/ provide customer services to you. This may include: transfers to Third Countries who undertake customer services/communications activities call recording data verification customer complaints/queries||Legal obligation/ Legitimate interests (depending on nature of services)||Keeping our records up to date, handling our customer contact efficiently and effectively, working out which of our products and services may interest you and telling you about them.|
|To detect, investigate and report any Fraud or financial crime||Legal Obligation / legitimate reason||Developing and improving how we deal with financial crime. Complying with any legal obligation placed on us by regulators. Complying with any regulations that apply to us. Process efficiency in dealing with such activity, and to make service and process improvements.|
|Undertake website personalisation and administration.||Legitimate reason||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites. Defining types of customers for new products or services|
|Marketing communications to inform you of special offers, promotions, new lines and Sales. Provide you with online advertising.||Legitimate reasons||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Notifying you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website and new services that may be of interest to you.||Legitimate reasons||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Contact you to undertake customer satisfaction surveys, invite you to provide product reviews or for market research.||Legitimate reasons||Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers. Improving customer interaction with our sites.|
|Maintaining network and data security||Legitimate reasons||To maintain the security of our network this in turns helps us to maintain the safety and confidentiality of your information.|
|Logistics planning, demand forecasting, management information and research||Legitimate interests||We use information about shopping habits, products bought and volumes, to help us to respond to demand, ensure the right products get to the right areas and to help us plan our ranges.|
Techfident Limited works with a number of trusted agencies and businesses in order to provide you the high-quality goods and services you expect from us. Examples include: delivery companies, credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, market research companies amongst others. Some examples of the categories of third parties with whom we share your data are:
Techfident Limited works with a number of trusted partners who manage warehousing/dispatch processes and services on our behalf. All partners are subject to thorough security checks and will only hold the minimum amount of personal information needed in order to fulfil the orders you place or provide a service on our behalf.
In order for you to receive your goods, Techfident Limited works with a number of delivery partners. We only pass on limited information to them in order to ensure delivery of your items.
Techfident Limited works with companies who support our website capabilities, security, and other business systems.
Techfident Limited works with marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you such as sending Newsletter emails or orders related emails on our behalf.
Techfident Limited works with trusted third party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments.
Fraud prevention services
Before we provide services, goods or financing to you, we undertake checks for the purposes of preventing fraud and to verify your identity. We may require you to provide us proof of address etc. These checks require us to process personal data about you.
The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties will be used to prevent fraud and money laundering, and to verify your identity.
Details of the personal information that will be processed include, for example: name, address, date of birth, contact details, financial information, employment details, device identifiers including IP address and vehicle details.
We and fraud prevention agencies may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use your personal data to detect, investigate and prevent crime.
We process your personal data on the basis that we have a legitimate interest in preventing fraud and to verify identity, in order to protect our business and to comply with laws that apply to us. Such processing is also a contractual requirement of the services or financing you have requested.
We process your personal data on the basis that it is necessary in the public interest or in exercising official authority for us to prevent fraud and money laundering, and to verify identity, in order to protect ourselves and to comply with laws that apply to us.
Fraud prevention agencies can hold your personal data for different periods of time, and if you are considered to pose a fraud or money laundering risk, your data can be held for up to six years.
8. GOVERNING LAW
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the laws of the United Kingdom Govern this contract.
BUSINESS CUSTOMERS – THE FOLLOWING TERMS ALSO APPLY.
Any topics covered above will be overwritten by the terms given below
9. WARRANTY & RETURNS
- The consumer contract regulations do not apply to business purchases.
- After having received delivery any failures or difficulties must be notified in writing or email email@example.com within three working days of delivery.
- For warranty repairs within the UK Mainland the Company will repair or replace, at its discretion, faulty equipment with no charge to the customer up to a period of 7 days from the date of purchase. For any subsequent warranty repair, it will be the customer’s liability to pay all carriage charges.
- In cases where the equipment manufacturer offers “On Site Warranty”, the buyer will be responsible for contacting the manufacturer or its agents directly to obtain the services required. The Company will not be held responsible for the failure of the manufacturer or its agents to carry out the necessary repairs.
- The company shall reject claims relating to: fair wear and tear, accidental or wilful damage, abnormal working conditions, alteration, misuse, or failure to follow manufacture instructions.
- For Non UK Mainland claims the customer will be responsible for all carriage/customs charges to get the defective equipment repaired/replaced/returned under warranty.
- Carriage charges will not be refundable in the event of any dispute arising on the contract.
- Unwanted items for refund or exchange, for whatever reason, will be at the discretion of the company and if accepted will be subject to a re-stocking charge of 25% (with a minimum charge of £25) or more of the purchase value. Software items will not be accepted for return unless the goods are faulty or misdescribed or the shrink-wrap or copyright seal is intact. Items returned as faulty but found to have no fault (tested by manufacturer) may incur a testing charge, the value of which will be based on the cost to the Company without profit.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing or email firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly addressed to: Customer Services. Techfident Limited c/o Launchpad, Ground floor Charringtons House, Link Road, Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire CM23 2ER. Notification by phone is not sufficient. Acceptance of cancellation of an order shall be at the discretion of the Company. In certain instances where the Company has spent considerable effort in obtaining goods specially requested for by the customer, the Company might decide at its discretion not to allow cancellation of such order and any such acceptance may be subject to payment by the buyer of a cancellation charge, representing the Company’s administrative costs involved
11. CREDIT & SETTLEMENT TERMS:
- Prospective customers wishing to open a credit account will be required to complete an account application form, which will be supplied upon request. Government bodies wanting goods will be required to furnish an official order.
- Where credit terms are allowed, terms of payment are strictly net and payable 15-30 days from the date of the Company’s invoice. The company, at its discretion, reserves the right to implement charges on accounts outstanding beyond the time specified in this condition. A surcharge of 5% of the value of the goods ordered may be implemented if the payment due remains outstanding for the period of greater than 60 days after the date of the Company’s invoice. Interest is applicable to outstanding amounts and the rate of interest charged shall be 2% per month from the due date until payment is made.
12. TITLE TO GOODS
The Company and the Buyer agree that until the Company has received fully cleared payment for the goods.
- Property in the goods shall remain with the Company and the buyer shall hold the goods as a bailee and be fully accountable to the Company in respect thereof until such time as payment in full has been received by the Company for all goods supplied.
- As bailer of the goods, the Company, by its employees or agents, shall (without prejudice to the buyer’s continuing fiduciary obligations) be entitled to enter upon or into any land, buildings or vehicles where the goods, delivered to the buyer under this contract together with any interest or any other sum payable in respect of the goods under this contract, or part of them, are situated or are reasonably thought to be situated, to retake possession of the same.
In the event of the buyer committing any breach of contract with the Company or if any distress or execution is levied upon the goods of the buyer offers to make any arrangement with or for the benefit of the buyer’s creditors or commits any act of bankruptcy or, being a limited company, has a Receiver appointed of its undertaking or assets or any part thereof or, for the purpose of a reconstruction or amalgamation without insolvency, goes into liquidation, the Company shall thereupon be entitled without prejudice to its other rights forthwith to suspend all further deliveries until the fault has been made good or to determine the contract or any unfulfilled part thereof, at the Company’s option to make partial deliveries
All software items supplied are subject to Manufacturer’s Licensing Agreement (excluding pre-loaded software) the seal must not be broken if the conditions of the Licence are not acceptable.
15. Force Majeure
The Company shall not be liable for any failure in the performance of any of it’s obligations under this document caused by factors outside it’s control.
16. Law And Jurisdiction
This document shall be governed by English law and the Customer consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all matters regarding it except to the extent that the Company invokes the jurisdiction of the courts of any other country.
Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. E.& O.E.